The past couple of weeks have been pretty hectic around here to say the least. Between my mother being hospitalized, having to initiate and completing special projects at work and entertaining out of country guests, I’ve had my hands full. Sadly, my sweet garden has been paying the price though you can’t really tell by its performance and the abundance of produce it continues to yield…not even this unprecedented heat can tame it! So, here are the six things that made life just a bit sweeter these past two weeks…
- We’ve been having eggplants galore but take a look at this monster in training, it’s just shy of 12″ long!
2.These tomato acrobats. Lack of attention has caused my tomatoes to grow on the flip side of things, every time I see them I can’t help but smile.
3. My first sunflowers…ever!
4. Another product of neglect, take a look at the size of these okra!
5. The first of the bitter melons are just about ready to be picked. We actually had one ripen and burst open on the vines already! Currently we have 5 of them growing strong.
6. Take a load of this tomato, or should I say these tomatoes, it’s 3 morphed into 1! Cool, right?!
How has your summer been shaping up? Has your garden been holding up under the heat? What pleasures and troubles have you experienced so far?